Above the line I place all of my past successes and below the line all of my fears and other things that I’d like to leave behind. Then I imagine what the steps to my success will be.
Visioning is immensely powerful. If you can add in feelings, smells, sights and sounds those steps will really be cemented in your mind. Of course you have to take action but a little bit of daydreaming never goes amiss.
If you get stuck on daydreaming imagine that you are watching yourself on a huge movie screen.
• Get comfortable and close your eyes.
• Put the movie up on the screen remembering to put yourself in the leading role. Take yourself back into the successful situation, see it through your own eyes and feel all those great feelings again.
• What do you notice about the contribution that you made to your success?
• What exactly did you do to make it a success?
• How many other situations are like that where you have made something of a great success?
• What did each of those situations have in common?
Thinking about those behaviours how could you use them again more successfully in the future?
Thinking about a situation that is coming up write a short piece focusing on the outcome that you would like to achieve and using all of the behaviours that you know work for successful situations. Run it through the movie exercise. How does that feel?